Optimum Plastics’ adhesive films are a critical component to the automotive industry because our films are activated by heat, pressure or a combination of both. Our films maintain their form and become easier to handle compared to other adhesive technologies. Optimum Plastics offers the automotive market adhesive films that contain a barrier layer with a higher melting temperature as well as a film structure made entirely of adhesive. We are able to custom engineer films used throughout the automotive interior.
Optimum Plastics’ custom film processes provide many benefits to the automotive market including:
- A wide variety of activation temperatures, melt flows, and strengths
- Coextruded structures containing layers with different melt points
- Films capable of handling deep draw applications
- Maintaining adhesive properties under varied environmental conditions
Optimum Plastics also has the capability of producing coextruded films for the automotive market that is used for the following applications:
- Structures with high temperature core layer components
- Films containing layers with different melt points
- Custom colored structures
- Laminated products
Optimum Plastics currently produces heat-activated, thermally stable adhesive films that can be reinforced with fiberglass, scrims, and non-wovens and used in continuous inline lamination processes. This efficient production process is used in a variety of automotive interior products including:
- Overhead systems
- Door panels
- Seat inserts
- Floorboard systems
- Protective window films
- Reinforced protective films
Cast Extruded, Embossed Heat-Activated Adhesive Film
A client in the automotive industry approached us to manufacture a film to be used in continuous lamination for automotive parts such as molding for headliners, door trim and trunk liners. Optimum Plastics manufactured a polyethylene heat-activated thermal adhesive film that is extruded from a polyethylene copolymer resin that has a low melt temperature.
Learn more about this heat-activated adhesive film project in our Technical Details.